ISLAMABAD: Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) Secretary Enforcement & Coordination Dr. Tahir Iqbal Khattak has issued directions to Director-General Transit Trade to ensure un-interrupted customs operation on ports, airports and land border station from May 8 to May 16, 2021.
He directed that all field formations shall perform their functions from May 8, 2021 to May 16, 2021 as under:
- All formations will work on 8th, 10th & 11th of May 2021 as per normal working hours to handle imports, exports and transit consignments.
- All ports, airports and land border stations will work 24×7 (where applicable) to facilitate export & transit consignments. Import consignments of perishable and essential goods/medicines may also be processed wherein leviable duty/taxes are paid through online payment module.
- All Collectorates shall issue daily duty roaster of officers/officials with their contact details for the above period.
- The staff dealing with exports facilitation schemes may be available to resolve any evolving issue.
- An additional Collector must be available to handle any emerging situation especially with export consignments.
- The concerned authorities at sea-ports including off-dock terminals, airports and land border stations shall be apprised of the above arrangements for trade facilitation.
- The respective Chambers of Commerce and Industry and other trade bodies may also be informed of the above initiatives and the daily duty roasters may also be shared with these entities.